Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Scenic Road Home
Who I had been was no longer who I was.  In 2004, at the age of 45, I found myself widowed.  It was an invitation to discover who I would be for the rest of my life… who I am in God!  I was afraid and very doubtful, but in 2009 I entered a religious community.  After more than three years, I knew that it was not where I belonged.  I asked God what we were to do with God’s call now.  God brought me to the Sisters of the Humility of Mary.  My journey has taken me from North Carolina, to Tennessee, Texas, Ohio, back to North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and now back to Ohio again.  Each step has brought me closer to God and finally now, it has brought me home to the community where I belong.  I am not afraid anymore.  More and more I am learning who I am in God.  God wants each of us to live our true calling.  For me that is to be a woman religious and a Sister of the Humility of Mary.  On September 6, I professed first vows.  I look forward with deep peace and joy to the day I am able to profess final vows.  Deep peace and joy is what God offers.  Do you hear God’s invitation?
~ Sister Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment